We were joined by Ashley Kirk, Senior Data Journalist at The Telegraph to discuss how we can develop and pitch data-led stories that have the most chance of securing coverage.
With more and more data at our disposal, PRs are taking advantage of this resource to generate credible, reliable & authoritative coverage for brands, but we wanted to find out how PRs can optimise their data-led campaigns for journalists.
The webinar covered:
- What is data journalism and some best-case examples?
- How to source data: The data collection methods and sources journalists prefer
- How to communicate data: The principles of data visualisation
- How to pitch data: How to find a story and pitch multiple angles from it
- How to package your data pitch
Ashley is a Senior Data Journalist at The Telegraph, interested in using data to uncover stories and tell them in new, visual ways. Before this, he wrote for a number of publications including the Guardian and City AM. He also teaches data journalism classes in his role as a Visiting Lecturer at City University London.
Post published on Tuesday May 19, 2020