Role: Junior Content Graphic Designer
Location: Manchester (Central/Ancoats)
Salary: £18-22k (dependant on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
JBH has a great opportunity for a versatile & proactive Content Designer to take a role in our creative output. Working alongside the Digital PR team you’re day-to-day will include assisting existing designers in creative campaigns and also creating reactive based content in the future from briefing.
The ideal candidate will be creative with an eye for detail whilst also having the eagerness to develop in design. No day is ever the same, so we want someone hungry for new challenges, that is adaptable, who is motivated to progress and has the desire to hit the ground running from week one.
YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO:
- To understand briefs with attention to detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator
- Translate data into visualisations
- Bring current design trends and ideas into your work whilst abiding brand guidelines
- Create and use typography, illustration and iconography
- Work well with existing designs using communication skills
- Plan and manage your time to consistently hit deadlines
- Understand amendments and design changes
- Communicate and develop your ideas with the team
AS A PERSON YOU’LL:
- A degree or equivalent experience in design
- Be creating digital content assets such as infographics, tables, charts, icons and gifs – whilst showing attention to detail with amendments.
- <3 infographics and data visualisation
- Have a proactive and commercial mindset
- Be positive and upbeat
- A sniper’s eye for detail, and an engineer’s eye for alignment
- Be ambitious – there is plenty of room to grow here
- Be thorough and take great pride in your work
- Willing to ask questions when stuck in situations
- Proficient and confident communication skills
- Like dogs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Vector animation skills (After Effects)
- Produce infographics and creative editorial content and graphics from concept through to delivery, in line with brand guidelines and best practices
- Work alongside the Digital PR team & designers to create content campaigns in a timely manner
- Liaison with Lead Designer to develop initial concepts and ideas, and polish final designs to the JBH standard
- To manage multiple creative projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and to work proactively and under (occasional) pressure!
- Willingness to develop and learn new design techniques
- Using downtime to assist other designers
- Assist the wider JBH team and other digital PR projects, when required
IN RETURN WE’LL GIVE YOU:
- Half-day Fridays – start the weekend early!
- Birthday’s off
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working upon completion of probation
Want to come and join us?
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you come in and hit the ground running, please send your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. (No recruiters or agencies please…don’t do it to yourselves!).
Post published on Wednesday December 1, 2021