Role: Content Graphic Designer
Location: Manchester (Central) plus some remote working
Salary: £22-26k (dependant on experience)
Start Date: December 2020
JBH has a great opportunity for a versatile & proactive Content Designer to take a role in our creative output. Working alongside the Digital PR team you’re day-to-day will include creating digital content campaigns for two well-known brands.
The ideal candidate will be seasoned when it comes to designing for content campaigns such as infographics and data viz. No day is ever the same, so we want someone hungry for new challenges, that is adaptable, has a great eye for detail, and the desire to hit the ground running from week one.
YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO:
- Take an initial brief through to concept, full draft and final delivery.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator
- Translate data into visualisations
- Bring current design trends and ideas into your work whilst abiding brand guidelines
- Create and use typography, illustration and iconography to a high standard
- Work as part of a small, fast-paced team
- Plan and manage your time to consistently hit deadlines
- Understand the audience and adapt your designs accordingly
- Communicate and develop your ideas with the team
AS A PERSON YOU’LL:
- Have 2–4 years of experience in a similar role
- Be experienced in creating digital content assets such as infographics, tables, charts, icons and gifs – and a portfolio to prove it
- <3 infographics
- Have a proactive and commercial mindset
- Be positive and upbeat
- A sniper’s eye for detail, and an engineer’s eye for alignment
- Be ambitious – there is plenty of room to grow here
- Be thorough and take great pride in your work
- Have a JFDI attitude
- Proficient and confident communication skills
- Like dogs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Vector animation skills (After Effects)
- Familiar with Flourish, Tableau or other online data viz tools
- Produce creative from concept through to delivery, in line with brand guidelines and best practices
- Work alongside the Digital PR team to create content campaigns in a timely manner
- Liaison with Creative Director to develop initial concepts and ideas, and polish final designs to the JBH standard
- To manage multiple creative projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and to work proactively and under (occasional) pressure!
- Willingness to develop and learn new design techniques
- Using downtime to assist other designers
- Assist the wider JBH team and other digital PR projects, when required
IN RETURN WE’LL GIVE YOU:
- Half-day Fridays – start the weekend early!
- Birthday’s off
- iMac or Macbook pro
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Want to come and join us?
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. (No recruiters or agencies please…don’t do it to yourselves!).
Post published on Monday October 19, 2020