Role: Data and Insights Analyst
Location: Manchester (Central & open to remote working)
Salary: £25,000-35,000 (dependent on experience)
Start Date: Immediate
We’re recruiting for a Senior Data and Insights Analyst to join our award-winning team of digital PR experts.
You’ll work closely with JBH’s data and insights team and the wider digital PR team to ensure that the campaigns we produce for our clients have robust, credible data and watertight methodologies to accompany them.
You’ll be passionate about data-driven multimedia stories and about making data approachable, immersive and newsworthy. You’ll learn to use innovative techniques to bring data briefs to life and possibly support them through data visualisation that will grab the attention of journalists and readers.
Develop methods to generate original data sources, through Freedom of Information requests or web scraping and locating key sources of data that are useful to journalists and consumers, and keeping that calendar up to date.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mining data and analysing it: You’ll source, collect and analyse data in response to a brief from the production team. You’ll ensure that the data will grab the attention of journalists looking for a newsworthy story.
- Solid methodologies: you’ll work with the production team to ensure that the data included within campaigns is watertight and has a clear methodology behind it.
- Quality assurance: you will check the quality of all data that goes into our campaigns, and come up with proactive solutions to challenging situations within data-led projects. You will sense check all of our campaigns to make sure they are correct.
- Feasibility and stress testing: you will check that all project ideas are doable and are achievable before they are presented to our clients. You will suggest data sources and keep on top of methodologies and sourcing.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a role where you have had to source, collect and manipulate data
- Experience working with multiple APIs to extract and combine large datasets, alongside scraping data using various tools
- Familiar with statistical research methods
- A degree in a related discipline
- Comfortable with varying briefs and has the knowledge to bring solutions to the table to help with the briefing process
- Ability to build strong relationships across varying teams in the business
- Ability to understand a wide range of briefs and source data to meet those requirements
- A curious mind – for example if you saw a campaign you admired, you would instantly go and look at the methodology to discover where the data came from and how it was used
- A creative and analytical mindset to find the most interesting stories and solutions from datasets
- Strong attention to detail
- A keen news sense, strong data skills and a keen interest in analysing data to find great stories – whether it’s spreadsheet skills or coding know-how
- You should have an interest in current affairs and pop culture
- Someone who enjoys finding creative solutions to problems in a proactive manner
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Be comfortable in figuring the solution out as you go along and making decisions on the fly
- An ability to interrogate data quickly and intelligently, to find stories or other opportunities
- Excellent communication skills; scoping projects, feasibility testing and stress testing our campaigns
- A proactive attitude to solving technological problems in terms of finding new data sources and methodologies
- Is willing to give and receive feedback, even if that means challenging others to get to the desired outcome
- SEO knowledge and content marketing and link building experience
- Data visualisation – using Flourish or Tableau depending upon the project
- Coding – SQL, R, Python, or equivalent
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to be part of fast growing, young agency
- Training opportunities to support you at every stage of your career
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Half day Fridays – start the weekend early!
- Birthday’s off
Want to come and join us?
If this sounds like the kind of position that excites you and you think you’d make the difference we’re looking for, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. (No recruiters or agencies please…don’t do it to yourselves!).
JBH – Where everybody’s welcome.
JBH is an inclusive agency that welcomes candidates from all walks of life, because imagine just how boring it would be if we were all the same?
We believe an agency really thrives when a mix of unique minds come together, bringing different ideas, outlooks and voices to the table.
That’s why we encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, beliefs and identities, as we continue to hire data whizzes, creative thinkers, wordsmiths and top-notch designers.
We’re also aware that one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to the way our colleagues work. Our flexible home/office working is entirely on your terms and designed to fit in with your life…and did we mention a dog-friendly office?
Post published on Tuesday November 23, 2021